Everyone knows the struggle of trying to find the perfect dress. Whether it be for a party, formal, wedding – no matter what the occasion is, it’s always turns into a huge process. It usually starts by scrolling through page after page of dresses online, then making your way to the mall to roam aimlessly around the dress section, then try on a few, just to leave empty handed. Let’s just admit it, dress shopping is far from fun. But, it doesn’t have to be that way every single time. I’m here to share some of my favorite tips and tricks for dress shopping, to help make the process a little bit easier.
- First and probably most important, don’t go alone. Bring a friend! It really helps to have the opinion of others. Bringing a friend along takes the stress away and makes it a lot more fun. If no one’s available to tag along, take lots of pictures and send them out to friends! I can admit it, I’m guilty for having tons of dressing room mirror selfies on my camera roll!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for opinions! I always, always find myself asking sale associates or other customers for their opinions. It always helps to see what an outsider is thinking, and more often then not they are going to be truly honest with you.
- Try on dresses that are outside of your comfort zone! Whenever I’m dress shopping I always try to pick up a dress or two that a little different then my normal style. My mom is famous for handing me dresses that I would never in a million years try on. A lot of times, I end up actually liking these out of the ordinary dresses.
- Don’t be discouraged if you don’t find something the first time. It’s important to give yourself plenty of time to find the perfect dress – and definitely try out multiple stores. Don’t limit your options.
- Try to go to stores like Marshalls or T.J.-Maxx. They have an amazing dress section. What I personally like about these stores is that the dresses here are different from all the ones you see in the other stores. It’s a nice difference from the typical dresses you find. Sure, they might not have every single size or color – but you never know what you’re going to find.
- Don’t be afraid to ask when new shipments of dresses come in! I’ve asked several different stores when they get new shipments in! This way, I know that there will be some new options. This is especially helpful with stores like Marshalls and T.J.-Maxx! They’re constantly getting new shipments of fabulous (and affordable) dresses!
No matter how long it takes you to find the perfect dress, it’s always worth it. Just make sure that no matter what dress, romper, jumpsuit, or whatever you end up with – you feel comfortable in! My most important tip is to make sure that you feel comfortable and confident. So now, it’s time to get out there and find your perfect dress! Good luck and don’t stress!